- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (chunk style if you can find it) (2 blocks carbohydrate)
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (1 block carbohydrate)
- Dried minced onion, to taste
- 3 oz. ground skinless turkey breast (2 blocks protein)
- 3 oz. lean ground beef (at least 90 percent lean) (2 blocks protein)
- Sliced apple wedges (1/2 block carbohydrate
- 1 large salad (1/2 block carbohydrate)
- 1 1/3 teaspoons olive oil and vinegar dressing (4 blocks fat)
Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, mix together 1/3 cup applesauce, oatmeal and onions. Add turkey and beef. Mix well and shape into one or two patties. Spray nonheated broiler pan with nonstick coating. Place patties on the rack. Broil for five minutes. Turn over. Broil 5 minutes more or until meat is no longer pink.
Heat remaining applesauce and serve over burger. Serve apple wedges on the side. (Adjust, depending on size of salad).