- 4 tsp cornstarch [1C]
- 1 cup tomato puree [2C]
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce [1C]
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke flavoring
- 4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup strong chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound of chicken breasts [16P]
- Zone salad (prepare individually or in a large bowl)
- 2 heads Iceberg lettuce 6-inch diameter [1C]
- 2 tomatoes -3-inch diameter cut into slices or wedges [1C]
- 2 1/2 green or red peppers, diced or strips [1C]
- 1 pear, sliced into small wedges [2C]
- 1 tbsp olive oil & 1 tbsp vinegar [12F]
- Zoned Mashed “Potatoes”
- 10 cups cauliflower [3C]
- Dessert Fresh fruit of choice totaling [4 C]
- choose from the following:
- 2 apples [4C], 4 plums [4C], 4 kiwi [4C], 4 peaches [4C], 4 tangerine [4C]
- Combine all barbeque sauce ingredient in a small saucepan to form a sauce. (Mix corn starch with a little cold water to dissolve it before adding to the saucepan.)
- Heat sauce to a simmer, constantly stirring with a whip until mixture thickens.
- Transfer sauce mixture to a storage container, let cool and refrigerate. (Sauce can be made up to 5 days in advance.)
- Marinate chicken in barbeque sauce for at least 1 hour
- Grill chicken over the hot barbeque grill
- Individual instructions: divide all ingredients equally on 4 plates.
- Zone Mashed “Potatoes”
- Boil cauliflower until cooked.
- In a food processor, mix until desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Remember, only choose one. Example: You can create a fruit salad by combining 1 plum, 1 kiwi, 1 peach and 1 tangerine.
Total: 16 Protein, 16 fat and 16 carbohydrates.