Skip to content
Beef Stew and Biscuits – The Zone Diet Recipes
- 1 ZonePerfect Pizza & Bread Mix (we’ll use half) [6F, 6C, 6P]
- 10 oz. lean beef [10P]
- 1/4 c. whole wheat flour [2C]
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 T. + 1/3 t. olive oil [10F]
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion [1C]
- 1 c. thick-sliced carrot [1C]
- 1 c. cubed potatoes [3C]
- 1 c. green peas [2C]
- 2 1/2 c. chopped celery [1C]
- Prepare bread mix according to package directions and bake either as a loaf or as 8 muffins.
- Cut meat into small pieces and dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown in olive oil in a large heavy skillet. Sprinkle meat with remaining flour and add onions.
- Add boiling water just to cover meat mixture and cook over low heat covered for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables and cook until tender and gravy is thick and brown, stirring frequently.
- To serve, take one slice of the bread (a loaf is eight slices) or one muffin broke in two and place in a bowl. Cover with one-quarter of the stew and serve.